Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bowling Anyone?

I once read a quote by Martin Mull that said "Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your head." I don't know about that but I do know our girls love to bowl. There's something about the whole bowling alley experience that is just a lot of fun. It's "cool" to put on the nifty shoes and apparently totally necessary to only have pink balls to bowl with. I wouldn't know as I've never been very successful at bowling. Maybe they can teach me a thing or two. We met up with some friends at Beale's bowling alley the other day and let the girls play a game together. The bowling alley has a rail set-up just for kids so there are no gutter balls to contend with. They also have a rack the girls can set their balls on and push to head them toward the pins. I think they need to offer something like this for those of us adults who might be a little bowling-challenged!