Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Planning a party



I feel like I'm running a bit behind. Anna's birthday party is this weekend and I'm still trying to decide which theme to use. I normally plan things months in advance but everything fell through this time. Anna was sick all of last week and through this weekend so we weren't able to get out and get much party shopping done. She actually missed three days of school and was probably the sickest she's ever been. The doctor said it looked like an ear infection and possibly strep throat. She finally started to respond to the antibiotic and then the very next day, Lauren woke up with a fever. Arrggh. Lauren seems to be doing well though and hopefully she'll beat it pretty quickly. She managed to kill a moth, a ladybug and a grasshopper this weekend, so she's pretty much running at normal speed. Jacob doesn't have it yet and I swear he must think his name is "Stay out of his face!" as I only say it 8 billion times a day!

Anyway, since everyone was a bit better today, after I picked Anna up from school, we ran to the party store. The girls asked if they could get a toy. I asked them if they had any money. Anna said she had $2 at home. Lauren responded, "I have 4." "Four dollars?", I asked. "No", she said, "4 pennies." I told them they could each get something for $1 or less. As soon as we walked in the door, Lauren called to me and said she had found what she wanted. I walked back to take a look but fortunately "Flaming Tiki Heads" cost a lot more than $1. I finally got them back on track and we managed to leave with a few party hats and two baseballs. Now to get the cake ordered.... Here's a parting shot of our son "Stay out of his face."