Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On my mind

Here are a few things that have been on my mind recently:

Paper Cutting...there are some incredibly talented people out there. I'm just blown away. I never knew there were so many uses for paper!

Aren't these the cutest cupcake wrappers and lil' birdies? Clicking on the picture should take you to Fancy Flours...a baker's paradise. There's actually a tutorial for this beautiful cake stand wrapper.

Wouldn't you love to get a thank-you note that looked like this??


Picking strawberries and making jam...I can't find a u-pick place that opens prior to June so we did a dry run today with store-bought berries. We went with the quick and easy recipe but I want to learn to can and preserve.


Keeping with the idea of canning and preserving, I really want a garden in our new backyard. We have a teeny tiny sideyard. I think a garden like this would be perfect. I can already taste the heirloom tomatoes and lemon cucumbers. Yum.


We just picked up this book and I'm hoping it will help me get things rolling.
Alice in Wonderland and this bedding...more on this later.

Uses for brown bananas...we normally toss them but today we made banana bread
Moss balls and butterflies...I have been wanting to give Anna an "Alice in Wonderland" themed birthday party. She finally agreed to it and then I decided that with the move and our trip to Alabama, I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. Instead, we're having a party at Pump it Up. I still want to decorate the tables. Wouldn't this be fantastic???!!



I also think this Pottery Barn Kid butterfly mobile is fun.

This blog called Six One Way. I've tried to commit to the 365 day project, a 30-day project, and even a 7-day project. It's hard to take pictures everyday! So, I thought it might be fun to give the point-and-shoot to the girls and let them take some pictures. I'll take a few and then we'll each pick one that best sums up our week. Maybe we'll start next week....

And last but not least, baby bottoms...
These are just a few of the gazillion things running through my frazzled, baby-brained head at the moment.