Here in our little place we call home, we've been experiencing an event which Lauren considers catastrophic. I like to refer to it as the "Biscuit Trauma". The girls have been seriously scratching each other lately. I mean I'm worried they're going to scar each other. I've asked them not to scratch. I've sent them to time-out. I've yelled. I've cajoled. Nothing seems to be working, so a few days ago, I hit them with this ultimatum. Scratch each other again and you're losing your favorite toy for a week. Duh duh duh (insert scary ultimatum, halloweenish type music here). Well, they said, "No problem, Mommy." and went on their merry way, doing the things that 4 and 5 year olds do...you know the norm....playing with legos, dressing up as tinkerbell, smushing snails, picking their noses, etc. Then it happened. Lauren scratched Anna and it was "NOT an accident" as Anna assured me over and over. So, I grabbed Biscuit and stuck him in the top of our closet. Next, what I can only describe as the appocalypse occurred. There was screaming and yelling and tugging and crying and pleading and begging and rolling around on the floor. I'm proud to say that I did not give in and Biscuit is still in our closet until next Tuesday. After an hour Lauren asked if it was okay if she got Biscuit back. When I told her she had 6 days and 23 hours to go, there was another round of screaming and yelling and tugging and crying and pleading and begging, followed by the requisite rolling around on the floor in agony and despair.

On a happier note, the girls have discovered what Anna happily refers to as the "towel hat". Who knew that wrapping a towel around your hair fresh out of the shower was so thrilling. Once the towel is in there, a trip to the mirror is required along with many silly faces and fancy poses. Jake doesn't quite see the humor in the whole hair hat deal but he does currently find Mommy's pig grunts and chicken clucking to be extremely hilarious...a real riot. Maybe I should consider stand-up comedy!
Lovely gifts: Anna sat down last night and drew pictures for Mommy, Daddy, and Lauren of our favorite TV shows. She knows I love "Bones" but neither she nor Lauren can understand how the two main characters find so many dead bodies. As they put it, "Not that many people really die every day!" Psshaw! Silly screen writers!

We had a professional cleaner come into the new house this week to get it all nice and clean for us before we move in. It was inspiring and made me want to get everything in order myself. Unfortunately, I'm more interested in doing that in the new house as opposed to this one...I need to find some more motivation. Maybe around 42:10 this afternoon, I'll be inspired to clean. Lauren and Anna are learning to tell time and and are still wrestling with the whole idea of time and space. I'm reminded all the time that if we don't leave for school in 5600 minutes that Anna will be late and get a tardy slip and be in trouble for a million years or her life whichever comes first. If they need something and I ask them to wait a minute, Anna normally huffs and then mutters some comment about having to wait for 36 day-hours. Ahh, the joys of childhood when time is a concept that you really don't have to grasp.
I guess I should get going though. It's probably around 82:12 and I've got some cleaning to do before Anna gets out of school in 42 thousand three million hours. Toodle-oooo for now!