Monday, May 18, 2009

Cement Shoes

I feel like I haven't run since before the invention of the lightbulb. I know it's been at least a year, perhaps closer to a year and a half. Between pregnancy, a newborn and my vertigo issues at the beginning of last year, I've been a couch potato...well, as much of a couch potato as you can be taking care of 3 wee ones. Yesterday Doug decided it would be a nice morning (before the triple digit heat hit) to try out our new strollers. You may remember that he had purchased a lovely BOB Ironman duallie for me that I managed to crush with the suburban. Well, he's been having fun with craigslist lately and found us two new BOBs, a single and a double. A run sounded like a great idea but in this house it's never quite as easy as just strapping on your shoes and going.

First, everyone needs a drink and toys. Doug told the girls they could each bring their Leapsters. Instead, they came downstairs with a bug net, a football, chalk, jewelry, a purse, a makeup kit, a puppy, two dolls, and a princess phone. Doug made them put most of it back and this is what they ended up with. (More POINT & SHOOT photos)
Next, they needed to change their clothes because it was essential that they coordinate. Fashion is very important while exercising.
Sweet Jacob was ready to go and wondering what was taking so stinkin' long. Then it appeared the girls must have grown overnight and so the straps needed to be adjusted. Between you and me I don't believe they sprouted. I think it could have something to with all the stroller rides that the puppies and dolls have been taking in the past week. Finally, ready to go.

Then I felt like I was encased in concrete. It has been a while you know. We jogged a little and walked a little. It was a beautiful day but already getting super hot. I wasn't sad that there were a lot of stops along the way.

We had to stop for flowers which according to Anna were painted by fairies.
We had to stop at the dog park to watch the doggies play. I was finally getting into it and jogging a bit more but after Lauren screamed and cried for 2.5 blocks for us to turn around for a snail she had seen we decided to stop for a park break and of course, snails.
It was a nice morning and felt good to be out there but wow, do I have a long way to go to get back in shape! With a view like this though, who wouldn't want to be out there giving it a try??