Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back to regularly scheduled programming...

Wow, what a crazy but fun Saturday we had...2 birthday parties and a baseball game. Here are a few shots of Anna and Lauren at their friend Lucas' party. They had so much fun. They always have a good time at Little Gym. (Thanks to Trish Larsen for the shots of the party!)
After the party, we dropped the girls off at home with the baby sitter and headed to the game. We didn't realize it was a family event but Anna and Lauren weren't disappointed to be left behind. They love our new babysitter and so they didn't even stop to say goodbye as we headed out the door.
I have to say that I'm super impressed with the company that Doug is now working for. When he first began work, they sent a basket of chocolates and cheeses to me, as well as a shirt and laptop case to him. On his birthday he received a handwritten card from the owner. Last night, the company rented out the "Homerun Terrace" at Raley Field. It was so much fun. We had our own little patio with food and drinks. Everytime a vendor came by, the owner or his daughter grabbed them and would walk down the row of lawn chairs asking if anybody needed anything. They were so friendly and genuine. I asked Doug if he could just work there forever or if he could get them to hire me!! (On a side note: I've gone back to shooting ocassionally with our little point-and-shoot as it's so much easier to carry around in the diaper bag.)This isn't the greatest picture of Jacob but I loved his little outfit. It was boiling hot and I took the overalls off of him. This is the only shot of him wearing it.Now this is the way to watch a baseball game. I don't ever want to go back to the bleachers!! Here's a shot from last weekend. Our friend Simone is moving to D.C. and Trish organized a going-away luncheon at Crush 29 in Roseville. The food and company were both fantastic. If you haven't been to Crush 29 yet, I recommend it. (Again, thanks to Trish for the shot.)