I never shower alone anymore. As soon as I turn the water on, I hear little feet running up the stairs. It’s amazing how quickly the girls can get undressed when the prospect of a shower with mommy is looming. Somehow, as if by magic, they can take everything off completely on their own. At any other time they insist they need my help. Both girls hop in with me and I spend the next few minutes shampooing and conditioning three sets of hair. Wherever I move there’s always a small hand and a little cup catching a stream of water as it runs from my elbow, knee or hair. Who knew that an empty shampoo bottle could be so many wondrous things? One day it’s part of the wall that forms a kitty cage. The next it holds a magical water elixir, a healing panacea that can cure an "owie" faster than even a Dora band-aid. Another day it’s transformed into a falling star. After having my feet bombarded by “falling stars” and octopus cups, I’ve often complained to my husband that I never get to shower alone anymore. He just smiles and softly says, “One day you’ll miss those little hands and cups.” I know he’s right. There’s no substitute for wet toddler bellies, big silly smiles, and those wonderful imaginations. I guess I will put up with a star-bruised toe here and there. After all, I just happen to have a shampoo bottle full of healing water around...just in case.