As of Wednesday night, we are now officially a family of 6. With the assistance of Auntie Jan, Grandma Ruth made the long trek from Wisconsin to California...to stay. We've been thinking about inviting Ruth to live with us for a while and even purchased this house with Grandma in mind. She has her own room, bathroom, and sitting area. All of her things will arrive this week and we'll be working to get her settled in. The girls already love having a live-in grandmother. This morning, they've drawn pictures, built a railroad track, had a beauty salon, and played the piano. They're just gearing up but I think we've already worn Grandma out as she headed down for a nap. :) Ruth plays the piano beautifully and I feel a little like the lady in the nursery rhyme. Our home has already been filled with music and I love it. I've also found that even spaghetti seems like a gourmet dish when cooked to Beethoven playing in the background. 

We had an incredibly good time in Half Moon Bay. It was such a nice little get away...especially considering that the temps there were in the 50's-60's. We returned home to a temperature of 111! Yikes!! I'll be posting some photos from our trip later today or tomorrow.