Friday, July 3, 2009

American Gothic

Green Acres is the place for me...

We're back in California, safe and sound...although I may be a bit more gray after my first time flying with three kids. We had a great, great time on our mini vacation. You can check out some photos from our adventures in the posts below.

Whenever we visit Alabama, it’s almost as if we’re in a black hole of time. You wake up and the next thing you know it’s 10:00 at night. There are so many things to get done during the day but time just seems to slip away. I was thinking about that a lot on this trip but then I realized no matter how quickly the day goes by, when you're in the country there’s always time for...

Fishin'....

Reflectin'....

Eatin' cake...

Watchin' the corn come up in rows...

Doing chores....like shellin' peas

....and takin' care of the chickens...

Makin' new friends....

Takin' the road less travelled....


Hangin' with your cousins....

And your uncle...
Enjoyin' the land...


Learnin' to drive...
Chasin' dragonflies....

And there's always, always enough time for huggin'.