Okay, so I nearly jumped for joy when our 2010 census arrived today. I know...right? I am most definitely the biggest geek ever. I love, love, love genealogy. It's like a big crossword puzzle that I cannot get enough of. I haven't had much time for it recently but I'm always thinking about it. I have hundreds of copies of old census images from our family. I enjoy watching how the family changes through the years in the records; the birthplaces of course stay the same (mostly) but occupations, ages, and marriage status always fluctuate. It's exciting. Like I said, the biggest geek ever. So, anyway, I've been looking forward to personally being listed in a census. I thought it would be fun for future generations to look up our family and wonder if it was a mistake once they read our list of birthplaces: Wisconsin, Alabama, Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Louisiana, California (and no, it is not a mistake, we just move a lot). I've been waiting and waiting. Today when it came, I opened it right away and sat down to fill it out. Imagine my disappointment when all it asked was name, birthDATE, and whether or not we were hispanic and ever moved around. The lameness of it all just really ruined my day. Really? That's the best they can do?? Sigh.
These pictures are totally unrelated but brought a little joy back to my cen-crap-sus day. Hope they bring a little happiness your way as well. :)
On Sunday, my friend Courtney and I went to the antique fair in Sacramento and I came home with a new toy. It's still a bit too big for Jacob but I love it regardless.