Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Trust in the Lord and Do Good

You all know that Lauren started preschool this month. You may or may not know that it is a Christian preschool which means that in addition to the regular curriculum, there are also bible studies and chapel. Lauren's been coming home singing bible verses and handing out "church" stickers. She gave us all some to wear this past Sunday that said things like, "Sing His Praise", and "God Rocks!". We were having breakfast the other morning and Lauren said, "Do you know what my teacher keeps saying?" I told her I didn't. In a high pitched voice, Lauren said, "Trust in the Lord and Do Good!". "Oh really," I said. "That's a nice thing to say." Lauren shook her head "no" and said, "Well, I'm not going to do that." Obviously, she needs more time in chapel.
She did get in trouble for the first time last week. Her teacher mentioned that Lauren had shoved a little girl and had to go to time out. When I asked Lauren about it, she told me, "She wouldn't get out of my way even though I asked her nicely. I told my teacher I was sorry but she told me I STILL had to go to W-time out." Apparently the class has an alphabet carpet and the "W" is the time-out spot. I am very proud of Lauren though. She seems to be doing really well overall. She loves class and her teacher. I think being in class is building her self-esteem and I'm impressed with how much she's already learning. So far, so good!