The latest and greatest from our little crew...At the grocery store, I told the girls they could pick out a treat. They thought about it for a few minutes and then each grabbed a mini-container of whoppers. They came running up to me saying, "Mommy, we want whOOpers. We want whOOpers!"
On the way home from church a few Sundays ago, we ran into an apparent motorcycle convention. The motorcycles were heading in the opposite direction and just kept coming. After several minutes, I started counting. At 630 bikes, I finally called it quits. There must have been at least 2,000 of them...no exaggeration. The girls got a huge kick out of it and kept wondering where they were going. Doug said they were probably on their way to a dog party. :) A few days after, Lauren mentioned that she thought she knew what was happening. According to her, one of the motorcycle guys called and said he knew where they could get their bikes washed. Apparently they were all on their way to get cleaned up.
Anna has been having issues trying to decide when it is or is not appropriate to mess with her nose. I've tried to give her guidance...repeatedly. After a day full of reminders to not pick her nose, she finally told me that it was just too much "responsibility" but she was trying hard to do the right thing.
The girls were having a snack and I heard Anna reading the ingredients to Lauren. When I walked back into the room, Lauren said, "Mommy, somebody made it taste real but it's pretend!!" Anna said, "Yea, it's artificially flavored."
I received a phone call from my neighbor at 0645 the other morning. "Sandy," she said, "Lauren is ding dong ditching us (ringing the doorbell and running away)." I nearly had a cow. I ran outside and saw Lauren slipping back through the gate, in her underwear mind you! I asked her what she was doing and she said she was just looking around. I reprimanded her for being outside in the front yard alone, for lying, for bothering our neighbors, and for not having clothes on while doing all of those things. Later in the day, I apologized profusely to my neighbor only to find out that this hadn't been the first time. It had happened 3 times the day before and numerous times prior to that. To top it all off, I learned that she had been doing it to 3 of our neighbors off and on for almost 2 weeks!!!!!! We have a latch on our front door so she can't get out without us knowing but what we didn't realize was the latch on the gate to the back yard was broken. She, however, knew it and would just slip out whenever she felt like it. Well, Doug fixed the latch and put a lock on it. Next she'll probably climb the fence. She scaled a 6-foot fence at our last house to "pet" the neighbor's dog so I'm not discounting it. Anyway, she got into a lot of trouble over this particular incident. I called all the neighbors to apologize and spent a lot of time telling Lauren again and again why it was so dangerous for her to have done what she was doing. After many explanations, I asked her to tell me why what she did was wrong. She responded, "Cause some bad guys might get me and take me to their secret code and turn me into a robot." Apparently, more explaining is required.