Friday, September 11, 2009

Happy Labber Day! (belated)

On Monday I found a note Anna had written that said, "Happy Labber Day!!" I thought I would share the sentiment with all of you (although belated). For our mini-holiday, we headed out to Bridgeport with friends to enjoy the afternoon. Doug and Ruth stayed behind at the house as Doug was under the weather and we had painters over working on the interior.

I had planned to take pictures of the kids and packed a suburban load of props. It didn't quite work out that way, however. I just took a handful of shots. This one in particular cracked me up. Ryan is showing the girls his "6-pack". :) We had a little picnic and the kids played around in the water. We explored a bit and panned for gold. We also checked out the beautiful covered bridge where Lauren managed to lose one of her flip-flops. It slipped in between the slats and floated away. I have to hand it to her. It's really rocky out there but she hobbled around the rest of the afternoon on only one shoe and didn't complain a bit. It was a nice, relaxing day. What did you guys do??