Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bananas and Tuna Oil

Our little one has recently entered a new stage. He is now a solid food eater. He’s busy enjoying various cereals, carrots, squash, sweet potatoes, and sweet peas. I’ve just discovered though that he is NOT a fan of green beans or bananas. Both of these seem to result in something similar to a gag. Speaking of gagging, I happened to take a look at the ingredients of some Gerber butternut squash and harvest apples that Doug picked up recently. The front of the jar states that it’s filled with DHA which is great for baby’s brain development and growth. Imagine my surprise when I read that the source of their DHA is in fact tuna oil and gelatin. Bleechhh. If medical professionals advise pregnant women to avoid fish during pregnancy due to the high levels of mercury, why would you put tuna oil into your baby food?? I’m sure Gerber believes it’s totally safe. As for me, I’ll most likely chuck those little jars right into the trash and find something organic and more straight forward. The whole thing just seems a little “fishy” to me. Sorry. I couldn’t resist. Here are some pictures of Jacob's first banana experience.

So, these are bananas, you say?? They look yummy. Oh my stars, lions, tigers, and bears…..yuck. This doesn't taste at all like I imagined. These are disgusting.
Okay, I’m really not digging these. I like these even less than the green beans you keep feeding me.
Wait! You’re giving me more. Are you serious??? I just told you how bananas and I are not compatible. This woman is crazy. She won't stop with the bananas! Help me!