Today our little Anna started 1st grade!! We all went to her classroom to get her settled in and to meet her teacher. Anna actually has her own little desk and even got to bring a lunch for the first time. When we picked her up, she said she had a fantastic time and even made four new friends~Emily, Hallie, Madison, and a girl with braids. :) Here are some shots of our first-grader.
Lauren insisted we take her picture with Anna on her big day.
Anna's desk

I wanted her to have a lunchbox she could use day in and day out without creating a lot of waste. I found this cute little bento box from Laptop Lunches at a store in Auburn. It's perfect and gets the "Anna seal of approval". She's quite particular about her things.
She chose what she wanted to have for lunch~pasta & pesto, fruit salad, celery, carrots, and bunny graham crackers. Oh, and she wanted water with lemon in it. Like I said....very particular.
Last year I made back-to-school cupcakes for Anna. This year she kept mentioning that she couldn't wait for her surprise. Yikes!! I was a bit behind but tried to throw together these "apple" cake pops. They may have not been the prettiest treat on the planet but they tasted yummy! Bakerella I am not. Please click here to see how cute they should be. 
