Thursday, January 29, 2009
100th day of school....already?
Today Anna celebrated her 100th day of kindergarten. It's really flown by. She had been so excited and reminded us every day that she would be having a party in her classroom to commemorate this grand occasion. We had to complete a "100-day" project and there was even a "100th-day" super snack where each child brought in 100 pieces of something (i.e. marshmallows, cheerios, butterscotch chips, etc.) to mix together. However, the whole thing turned out to be anticlimactic. We picked Anna up from school and asked her how her day was expecting her to tell us about concerts, fireworks, pizza....you get the idea. Her response was, "It was fine." I said, "Well, what about the party? How was it?" She responded, "Okay, we didn't really have a party." Oh well, so much for the fanfare. I still wanted to share a pic of her with her project. I thought it turned out super cute. Doug drew the grid on a piece of foam board and she glued all the buttons on herself. I actually thought it was cute enough to hang in her room on the wall. It inspired me to think about other similar projects we could make and display.