Well, Friday is Anna's last day of kindergarten. Starting next week, I'll be here with all three squirts all day long every day...I need summer projects. I've already started making a list of ideas and activities. I need some more inspiration. What do you guys have planned? For us, this month will be filled with just getting moved and settled in the new house. In about two weeks, the kiddles and I will be headed to Alabama to visit the family. That leaves July and most of August. I really want this to be a fun summer for our family. I'm hoping the little ones will like what I have planned.
In a previous post, I asked what you do in an empty house for 12 hours. I found out you spend a lot of time on the floor. You watch 6 movies, hunt snails, run from wasps, pick flowers, meet the neighbors, run down the postman, play tag, watch plays put on by your children, and hope you don't forget toilet paper. As it turned out, I didn't have to spend the full 12 hours after all. I called AT&T and they told us to expect the technician around 10:15. When 1:30 rolled around, I called again only for them to tell me there had been a problem and they needed to "work" on getting someone out there. After almost 6 hours, I'd had enough and we rescheduled for 10:00 Monday. On Monday, AT&T arrived on time and the tech was done within 15 minutes. I was thrilled. DTV was supposed to arrive between 12 and 4. He showed up at 12:10 and I was delighted that I would not have to spend another day sitting when I had things to do around here. Well, I was overly optimistic about that one. Doug got home from work at 5:30 and came to the new house. The kids and I left and came home while Doug sat there with the DTV technician for another 2 hours!!! Doug finally called it when the guy drilled a hole 2 feet off his target and through a stud. I met the tech again the next morning and he finally finished up at 11:00. Let me just say, I'm excited about our new house but moving really stinks!!!