
It's hard to believe but our 10-year anniversary is coming up this Friday. It seems like just yesterday Doug and I met for the first time. Although Anna describes our "love story" beginning on an airplane with me serving drinks, I was never actually a flight attendant. In fact, we met in a little bar called "El Mundo's" on the island of Crete. I always kid Doug that he was rude to me when we first met. He denies it. By the end of the night, however, he had come around and asked me out to lunch the next day. A lunch, mind you, for which he was 2 hours late. Apparently, he had forgotten to move his watch forward 2 hours from being in England the day before. It wasn't a deal breaker though and from that point forward, it was as if we were meant to be together. A decade down the road, I feel so extremely blessed to have such a wonderful, loving, generous, funny, and strong husband. I never imagined that our family would grow as it did but I'm thankful everyday for our two sons, three daughters, and huge furball of a dog. How lucky can one girl be??
The picture above is our anniversary present from Anna, a few days early. Isn't that just the sweetest thing?