Psssst...Hey, have you heard the latest from my crazy sisters?? Here's what they've been saying. Just wait until I start talking, though. I'll give them a run for their money!As Mommy was walking down the stairs the other day, Lauren looked up at her and said, "Mommy, I took some things out of my nose." Mommy asked her what she did with the "things". She replied, "I don't know. They disappeared into the couch."
Anna's class has been learning about oral hygiene. As she was brushing her teeth the other morning, she said, "Mommy, I'm attacking the plaque!"
I was asleep and Lauren asked, "Why is our baby chilled out?"
Anna was trying to sound out the word "geology". Mommy pronounced it for her and then gave her the definition. (Mommy looooves geology, by the way!) Anyway, Mommy broke the word down for her and told her that second half of the word meant "the study of". She mentioned biology and cardiology. Anna thought about it for a second and said, "So, butterflyology must be the study of butterflies!"
Lauren was rubbing my stomach a little roughly and Mommy reminded her to be gentle with my tummy. "Why?" she asked. "We already threw away his umbilical cord."
While eating her pancakes for breakfast, Anna noticed her plate. It was blue Spode and had a village scene on it. There was a barn and some farm animals. Anna said, "Hey, Mommy, it's a Jesus plate!"
My sisters love chicken nuggets. I'm not quite sure what a chicken is yet but Anna was doing her best yesterday to convince Mommy to stop in for a little Carl's Jr. Mommy tried to explain to her that we were eating healthier foods these days because Mommy and Daddy wanted to be with her, Lauren, and me for as many years as possible. Anna said, "Well, I want to be with you too but without any vegetables."
Mommy and the girls have been eating a new breakfast this week. It's a combination of old-fashioned oats, grape nuts, whole wheat cereal, flaxseed, raisins, strawberries, bananas, kiwis, and soy milk. Out of the many options there that a 5-year old could complain about, Anna chose the raisins. She told Mommy, "These raisins are making my tongue feel ill."
Mommy's turn to talk about something now....
Lauren....sigh. Let me just say that I could devote an entire post to my middle child. She's been very...uh...active, lately. Yeah, that's a good word for it. Come to think of it, I will write a post regarding her activities over the past few weeks. I will, however, tell you about what she did yesterday. I was upstairs changing Jake's diaper. She walked into the bedroom with her hands full of broken TV remote parts. I asked her what happened and she told me she had thrown it onto the hard floor to see if she could fix it after breaking it. I worked and worked on it but couldn't get it working. I told her we were going to have to wait for Daddy to get home to fix it. She immediately began to cry. She didn't want Daddy to be upset with her. She asked me not to tell Daddy and said she had already spanked herself and she was now sending herself to her room. I should tell you here that Doug NEVER spanks the kids. He did, however, spank Lauren for the first time EVER the other day after she almost poisoned our dog...two days in a row. Apparently, the spanking made an impression. We always try our best to talk to the kids and explain the situation but it doesn't always sink in. Conversations usually go like this:
Us: You can't put carpet and leather cleaner in Thurman's food and water bowls. Those are chemicals that will make him sick. You also can't bathe him in carpet cleaner, armor-all and windex. Those could make him very sick and irritate his skin. Do you understand?
Lauren: Yes.
Us: Now, why can't you do those things we just talked about?Lauren: Um, I don't know. Why?
Arrghhh! It doesn't matter how high things are or where they've been put away; she still manages to get to them. Just wait until you hear what else she's been up to....