Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hair Comes Peter Cottontail

Okay, so there's no Peter Cottontail in this post but there is hair. Poor Anna. Mommy apparently did not inherit Nana's skills when it comes to haircuts. On our way out the door to church on Sunday, I decided to just take a "little snip" off Anna's bangs. Well, many snips later, after attempting to fix my first little snip, I gave up. I guess she has a cowlick I didn't know about. We have an appointment at CJ's Cuts 4 Kids on Friday. Mommy's very sorry, Anna. Here's a shot of her wild hair after rolling around on the trampoline yesterday afternoon. Note the bangs. Oops.


I couldn't resist this shot of Lauren. I walked out to sit with the girls in the backyard after dinner last night. They both had little pieces of grass stuck behind their ears and were playing with ladybugs. Just as I sat down, Lauren's ladybug flew away much to her dismay. Thus the one little tear rolling down her cheek. :(

Speaking of ladybugs, there's been a lot happening in ladybug land. The cluster of eggs finally hatched. It was crazy hard to get a clear picture of them because they were so high on the wall. We had to try and balance on a barstool to even get close to them. The babies look like little spiders. They've already changed again, however, and now look like this....see below.

Apparently, I'm not very bright or perhaps I'm just a little slow. It just occurred to me today why we couldn't find any other egg clusters although we searched and searched. Look at how much the middle of the yellow flower looks like the cluster of eggs. Perfect camouflage!


Of course, I couldn't post without a picture of our other little doodlebug. Here's Jacob being serenaded by Anna before she got dressed for school this morning.



P.S. Can you guys let me know if the color of these pics look "wonky" on your computer? We've been playing around with calibrating the monitor and now everything looks yellow/red to me. We have an order in for some device that does it for you but it hasn't arrived yet. The last pic of Anna and Jacob is a little "off" as I took it in our bathroom at about 0600 this morning...high ISO and no flash.