Monday, December 8, 2008

Red hats, chocolate and peppermint

Still trying to get over this cold...so we had an easy activity today. We made these white chocolate and peppermint spoons. The idea is you're supposed to be able to heat up a mug of milk and then stir it with your spoon so that the chocolate and peppermint end up in your milk. It sounds yummy...we wouldn't know as we ran out of milk 15 minutes before we made our spoons! So, we're looking forward to checking them out tomorrow. We also read the story "One Snowy Night" about a red cap from Santa and a group of animal friends. Sweet story. I've been on this kick lately about red knit hats. I've been wanting one for Jacob. I can't find what I want and keep thinking if I could just get into that knitting class I could learn to knit one for him. That could be the reason this book caught my eye. Red hats seem to show up everywhere once you start looking for them!