Friday, December 5, 2008

It's in the mail.

Hurray! Hurray! The Christmas cards are away. We finally got everything mailed out today. Now comes the fun part. I love, love, love getting Christmas cards. To be honest, I'm a bit obsessed with mail. I think it all started when I was in the Air Force and stationed in England. I would check the mail 2-3 times a day for correspondence from home. As for the Christmas cards, I so enjoy catching up with friends and family we don't get to see often. I think it's especially fun to see how much everyone's kids have grown and I look forward to it every year.

Today's book was "Santa's Snow Cat". The girls weren't as crazy about this story although the illustrations are just beautiful. Instead of a second reading, Lauren went for the copy of "Frosty the Snowman" which was probably a good thing. She's been "singing" the Frosty song for a couple of days now but the only words she knows are "Frosty the Snowman..." and from there she just hums the rest. Don't try to sing the words to her....no sir! You're better off just letting her hum. Hopefully, with a few more readings of Frosty she'll pick it up on her own. My little Miss Independent Girl.


Our Advent activity today was popsicle glitter stars. Here's a picture of Anna's.