Finally! I've been wanting to make a gingerbread house with the girls for two years now. I thought it would be most special to make everything ourselves from scratch and because of that belief we never managed to get it done. I finally decided that maybe it made more sense to just buy the kit since it's our first attempt and they're still pretty young. So, I found a kit the other day at Target. It came with everything you could possibly need and the girls and I tackled it today. Our book of the day was "The Gingerbread Man" and so a gingerbread house seemed to fit the bill....although in retrospect I suppose the gingerbread man didn't really need a house since he spent so much time running around and then being eaten by the fox. Oh, well, at least the girls had a great time. I just had to repeatedly convince them that the candies needed to go on the house and not into their tummies!
