In preparation for President's Day Anna's class has been learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. At dinner the other night she was telling us what she had learned. She knew that George Washington had chopped down a cherry tree and that Abe Lincoln lived in a log cabin. She then gave us a brief summary of the Civil War. According to her, "In Abraham Lincoln's world there were some people who tried to tear down our town. We fought them in a war and we won and saved our town." Doug and I looked at each other and smiled. Since he's from Wisconsin and I'm from Alabama we're always kidding each other about the North vs. the South thing. He piped up and said, "I bet she'd be surprised to know that some of her southern grandfathers were part of the "people trying to tear down our town". I gave him a punch on the arm and muttered something about Darned Yankees and just went on about my business. :)

vs.
Seeing as it is President's Day, I wanted to pay homage to our newest President and the change I hope his presidency will bring to our country.


