Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We're Home!

The girls and I made it home safely. My sweet and wonderful husband met us at the airport with three long stemmed red roses...one for each of us. I love how sweet and thoughtful he is and when he includes the girls....aaah, it's just a little piece of heaven on Earth. When we got to the car he had a "swim puppy" waiting for Lauren and a "swim baby" waiting for Anna. Dinner was waiting at home, a clean home I might add and he had stories ready for the girls after their bath and before bedtime. I'm so thankful for him. I can't imagine my life without him in it. I'm also thankful that all of my family made it home safely yesterday; even my mom, stepdad, grandmother and aunt who DROVE from NY leaving at 0400 yesterday morning. I don't know about you guys but I don't have a 19-hour bottom. I was desperate to get off of the plane after a 4-hour second leg. The trip was really a special, wonderful time with my brother, his new wife and their sweet family. I can't say enough good things about the Harrison family and it's obvious that Amy and Wes were made for each other. I'm in love with that part of the country and wish we could have spent more time sightseeing. I am, however, thoroughly exhausted and happy to be home. I haven't had time yet to sit down and get more pictures from the trip ready to post but here's a sneak peek.