Most of my family assumed that we would be having another little girl. I kept wanting to refer to the baby as “he” but was focused on girls’ names. Imagine our surprise (once again) when we had our ultrasound this month and learned that “Peanut” was in fact a little boy. I’m so excited and already feeling the need to buy airplanes and fire trucks. Although Anna was a bit disappointed initially (she really wanted another sister), I think she’s going ahead with her plans for another guest at her tea parties. I also think she’s still planning to dress our little guy up in appropriate tea party clothing at least until he’s old enough to run away. Lauren, on the other hand, is happy it’s a boy and excited about the prospect of having someone to hunt lizards with.
My actual due date is January 11th but as Anna and Lauren both came at 37 weeks, I’m expecting a Christmas baby. We were scheduled to depart from California at that time but have requested a lease extension on our home through the end of January. So, we’ll have one last Christmas here in sunny Northern California.
I had hoped to have a sweet ultrasound photo to share but alas, our little guy was uncooperative that day and remained face down. So, in all of the pictures we have he either looks like “Skeletor” or it’s just a picture to prove that he is indeed a little boy. I’ll be having one or two more ultrasounds in the upcoming months so maybe we will end up with a cute profile shot. Until that time, this picture will have to do. :)

"Jacob at 23 weeks"
A big thank you to Doug for his super smiley face art skills and his unending patience everytime I had him retake the photo due to a fat roll or two...or three. :)