Monday, December 20, 2010

The Nutcracker

Yesterday we took the girls to see the Nutcracker.  This was the third time we've seen it as a family, and by far my favorite showing.  Doug purchased tickets the day they went on sale and managed to seat us front row center.  It was amazing to be that close.  We felt as if we were a part of the show.  We could see the snowflake that stuck to the cheek of the Snow Queen, the sweat on the Arabian Dancers, and each little sparkle on the Sugar Plum Fairy.  Lauren had the chance to shake Clara's hand during intermission and told her, "Really great show."  I got such a kick out of that.  I was taking a few pictures of the girls prior to the show's start and one of the attendants came over to tell me I couldn't take any pictures during the actual performance.  The announcement actually stated no "flash photography" so I snuck one quick "flashless" shot but was immediately reprimanded by Lauren for taking a picture...sigh.  It just seemed such a travesty to be so close and not take pictures. 


It has been very stormy here and it was raining and blustery on our way into the show...thus the "I've just rolled out of bed and haven't brushed my hair" look the girls are sporting.