Saturday, December 18, 2010

Home for the Holidays

Last night my stepmom and I were on the phone talking about how nice it would be if we could spend Christmas together.  She mentioned that she and my dad were saying they'd love to be able to buy tickets and just show up at our door Christmas morning to surprise us.  I told her I would absolutely love it (first, of course, I would freak out because I didn't have 15 dishes made and my house clean enough).  The next thing I knew we were both crying about it.  She said since we couldn't be together she at least needed to see pictures of our decorations this year.  So, Elaine, this is for you.  We love you guys.









 The girls making our favorite sparkle ginger cookies (recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance).  They're so, so good!
 We're presently a bit oversugared!  In addition to the ginger cookies, they made pretzel, hugs, and m&m treats (2 batches).

It's nice to have all of the Christmas shopping done, wrapped, delivered, or waiting under the tree.  This year I sent PB throws, DVDs, hot chocolate, mugs, and a white chocolate popcorn mix to my grandmother, brother and sister-in-law.


I always have teacher gift ideas but never seem to get them done in time.  This was another year that I resorted to a pre-bought gift instead of homemade...I'll try again next year, I guess.  My favorite part of their gift this time around were the tags and jute webbing on the bags.

I'll try to post more pics this week while the kids are out.  I have several last minute projects in mind!