Thursday, November 4, 2010

Maine, Day 3

I just realized I'm like the person who invites you over for dinner and then subjects you to my home movies and travel pictures!!  Oh well, I guess you can always come back after the "Maine-ia" is over...hehehe.  I couldn't resist.  The main reason I'm posting so many photos is that at the end of the year, I slurp my blog into a blurb book and it becomes our family album/journal for the  year.  It makes keeping up with all of the memories and details so much easier...thus 6 days worth of travel photos.  Sorry, guys!

We pulled out of New Harbor headed for Bangor.  We had read about a former pharmacy, now turned restaurant that had a fantastic breakfast so we made a stop in Camden. We ate at the Boynton McKay Food Company and it was divine.

The breakfast specials....


The homemade goodies...




and the doughnuts....yum, doughnuts.

 After breakfast we decided to just take a walk around to see what we could see and oh my goodness, the things we saw! New Harbor, Damariscotta, and now Camden; three places I could live quite happily. 












There were tons of fun places to eat and we had fun doing a little window shopping also.








We finally pulled ourselves away from Camden and started once again toward Bangor.  Along the way we passed the beautiful Norumbega Inn.  It overlooks the Penobscot Bay and is within walking distance from Camden.

Quick stop in Belfast...


 and onto Fort Point Lighthouse in Cape Jellison.





 We finally arrived in Bangor and drove by the home of Stephen King.  After being in so many beautiful spots, Bangor was a bit of a let down for us.  It's a great place but there's just something special about being on the coast.  We did have an amazing dinner at a chain called Sea Dog.  I'm salivating just thinking about it (I think I gained about 5 pounds on this trip).  We had Mussels et Frites, lobster bisque, and seafood paella.  Day 4 in Acadia coming soon!