Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

We made it out to the pumpkin patch on Saturday morning to get a few shots of the girls. My favorite is now at the top of the blog. I am such a mess though. I kept stepping in rotten pumpkins and fell over twice. Doug says I'm a weeble wobble these days but I do fall down. I'm not used to the change in my center of gravity. :) The girls had a good time...especially once we pulled out the apples and cookies. They couldn't be bothered to stop and smile as they were inhaling Halloween cookies as fast as humanly possible. They knew I was preoccupied and so they were attempting to get as many down as they could before I stepped out from behind the camera. I think they ate about 6 between them. I thought it would be fun to change the blog a little for the month of October. Let me know if it's too annoying!

Anna wanted to be a mermaid this year. I was so surprised when she agreed to my kitty cat costume idea. It must have been the tail that sold her on it or the fact that it was a cat dress. As long as you let her wear a dress then she's a happy camper.

Lauren loved the pirate idea. We did have to go buy her a sword to go with her costume though. She kept trying to pick out the ninja/skeleton warrior swords that were twice her size. I finally convinced her to get a little one with a blunt end. You have no idea how much work that took. We have a little parrot for her shoulder too. She just told me this morning, however, that her pirate outfit isn't done...she says she needs an eye patch now. I guess when she gets into something, she's going to do it right!