Saturday, July 19, 2008

One Month To Go

Sigh...only one more month to go until Doug is finished with this deployment. It seems to have gone on forever, maybe because it's his last in the Air Force. The girls and I normally make a paper chain and remove a link each day to count down. I finally feel ready to do that this time around. I was depressed at the idea of how long it would have been otherwise. Fortunately, we've gotten to speak with him almost everyday. He also set up a skype account for us before he left and so we get to see him on the webcam every few days. We don't always have the greatest connection so it's mainly just a quick chance for the girls to see him and for him to get a look at how they're growing. It's so exciting to think that we should never have to be away from him for this long ever again. I'm really looking forward to the changes that this fall and winter will bring. Until then, we'll just work on our paper chain and look forward to the daily calls. We're so incredibly proud of Doug. He's the best father and husband and we couldn't be luckier to call him ours. We miss you, honey.