After a fantastic marathon day in San Francisco yesterday with some wonderful friends, it was nice to spend a lazy afternoon with my girls. They cut out doll clothes patterns for the first time and pinned them onto some stash fabric I had lying around. While they were busy cutting, I spent some time trying to recreate a cute dress I had seen at one of our stops in the city yesterday. The girls now wear the same size so it's a 2 for 1 deal with clothing. They can mix and match everything except for shoes! When I came home last night at about 9pm, the outdoor lights were on, there was a chair by the front door and a full glass of water sitting on the kitchen cabinet. The little ones were in bed and Doug was up watching TV. We shared some macarons I had picked up at Citizen Cake while in San Fran and then went to bed. When I got up this morning Doug told me the girls had stood by the front door waiting for me for a long time. Anna turned the lights on for me and had a glass of water waiting. I didn't make it home before bed time and so they went on to sleep. Anna told me later that Lauren missed me so much she opened the window and yelled, "Mommy!!!!" It all just melted my heart. It's so nice to have some adult time every once in a while but it's also nice to come home to where your heart awaits.
