Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Isn't it amazing?

Isn't it amazing how quickly your day can go from this



to this?


Anna got her first tardy slip ever yesterday.  We couldn't seem to get out the door because everyone was busy hula-hooping, playing video games, debating outfits, and "forgetting" to get their teeth brushed.  I'm also frustrated that he weather is refusing to cooperate for my circus picture.  This is CA, where's the sun?  I can't seem to get anything done for the upcoming party and baptism (9 days and counting).  To top things off, Grandma keeps tipping over.  She fell today for the third time in about 5 days.  Doug's been around for the first two and managed to get her back onto her feet.  Today she bent over to get her slippers and just kept going.  Thankfully, thankfully she wasn't hurt but Tyler and I didn't think we were going to be able to get her up again.  We finally called Doug and he gave us exact instructions on how best to lift her.  Tyler lifted her according to the directions received and made it look easy.  Unfortunately, he leaves tomorrow....what do I do the next time??  Maybe we'll all just have a floor day together...picnics, movies under a blanket, or perhaps a little twister until Doug comes home and can get Grandma back moving.  In other melancholy news, we're all extremely sad to see Ty go.  Anna sang him a little "Tyler don't go home" song this evening.  She told him that he lives with us now and needs to stay here. I agree wholeheartedly.  We're going to miss you, Ty...